Thursday, 17 October 2013

Up All Night (kinda)

Hi there!

  I know, I know, I haven't written in AGES and I'm so sorry. I could tell you all kind of reasons like school and stuff, but to be very honest, I have just been lazy. Sorryy...

 Last week's Thursday was an interesting evening and the following night was ...even more interesting. We had this "nightschool" thingy where people stay over night at school. So it's like having a sleep-over with all your school mates =). 
Let me just tell you exactly what happened...or at least what I remember. Wow, that makes me sound like I was drunk... No, I wasn't, not one bit. I was just soooooo tired.

  Thursday was a normal school day from 8.15am  to 2.30pm. After that I was in a meeting until 4pm. I would've been there longer but I needed to pack my stuff and go take a shower before coming back to school for the nightschool. I went home and of course there was a horrible traffic. Because of that, I was home around 5pm. Great. I luckily didn't have my piano lesson. I rushed to the shower and tried to shower as fast as possible. And after putting clothes on I was literally running around my house trying to find everything I needed: Friday's school books, sleeping bag, tooth brush ect. It was crazy. And at some point I even managed to blow dry my hair. But quess what. I was ready on time. Nightschool started at 7pm and I was ready to leave home 6pm (I needed buy food so that's why). My mom however decided that she has to do something right then and because she was kind enough to give me a ride I had no other option than to wait. Eventually we left home about 30 min. later. It was okay. I wasn't at school 7pm but who really cares. I wasn't the only one coming later. I left all my stuff in the same place as everyone else and then I was ready to do stuff! I don't remember what we did first (dancing the Macarena maybe o.O) but I think in the beginning somewhere we made groups. And then we were going around the school in those groups and did all kinds of things. We were compiting agains other teams and we all had a great time. So we did this for a few hours. Then..wait did we eat or did we dance and play games?...I don't know anymore. But we did eat at one point and we did dance and play games at one point. The last arranged thing was Amazing Race. We, as groups, were again compiting against others. I have to say we sucked. Sorry team. I think we won like maybe once. But the winners got only sweets so I'm not jealous. Then we had free time. It was about...one o'clock I wanna say. We didn't do anything special. I went to sleep around 3am but my sleeping was more like half asleep-half awake kind of sleep. I know that there were people talking but I don't know what they were saying. And after that oh so good sleep, we were woken up 6.15am. I live freaking 18 kilometres away from my school and I wake up at 6.30am. Now that I was in school and have slept less than I ever should, I really didn't understand why on earth I needed to wake up at 6.15. And before anyone says anything, those 15 minutes make all the difference. So then we had a normal school day ahead which I didn't enjoy one bit. 

  Now you know what I did last week. My sleeping schedule is still messed up and it's been a WEEK! But it was worth it.
So yeah, I suck at staying up all night. Probably never have, probably never will. But still I do have some tips that help me to stay up for a longer time and I'm gonna share these with you today.

1. Do something the whole time. If I'm tired and I sit down and do nothing, I will fall asleep. So by keeping yourself busy, you don't want to fall asleep 'cause you need to do something. Easy.
2. Keep talking. Staying up all night is no fun if you don't have anyone to chat to. So find a friend and just talk the night through. Plus, you can make a deal with him/her/them: if someone falls asleep, the other(s) can wake him or her up again.
3. Food. I know eating late at night isn't so good for you, but it gives energy and energy means being more awake.
4. I don't often do this myself, but drink something with caffeine, for example coffee. Reason I don't do this is because I'm simply just so caffeine sensitive that I go literally crazy. Like seriously crazy.
5. Listen to music and sing along.
I wanna stay up all night
And jump around until we see the sun
I wanna stay up all night
And find a girl and tell her she's the one
Hold on to the feeling
And don't let it go
'Cause we got the floor now
Get out of control
I wanna stay up all night
And do it all with you

Up, up, up all night
 6. Play something. A few rounds of truth and dare is going to lift moods...or make everyone laugh. Either way, it's fun and it keeps you awake. Just don't dare anyone to sleep. Or jump of the roof.
7. Just have fun. No one wants to fall asleep when you are having the time of your life. Have fun, party, get crazy but don't overdo it.


  Until next time (which hopefully will be next week). Take care!
-Silvia

No comments:

Post a Comment