Monday, 23 June 2014

Sick Day Essentials

Hi there! 




  So I managed to get really ill on Thursday at work. It was kinda my fault I guess. I was outside all day and it strated to rain. I wasn't prepared for that but a woman at my working place kindly gave me her extra rain coat. Even tho I am very thankful she gave it so me, it wasn't enough to stop me from getting all wet. By the time I finished my first day I was soaking wet and felt really cold (the  weather temperatures in Finland are under 10 celcius degrees). So yeah. Now I've been resting under covers and trying my best to get better. Since being ill isn't too rare for me I have some essentials that I need during my illness to either actually help me or just help me to feel a little better.

  First of all I like to stay at home which is pretty obvious. But when I say that I like to stay home I mean I would like to be at home until I am totally healthy. During a school year that isn't always possible. I try to stay at home at least the first days of my illness. Now I've had three days of work due to midsummer and I'm allowed to be home at least today and tomorrow. Because my work is physically heavy (for me, hey I'm a 17-year-old tiny girl) it's really important for me to rest and get well before I start. I don't do much when I'm at home. Or I try not to do. I'm that kind of person who finds it difficult to not do something and just be still. I've been trying to keep me in my bed by watching Friends. It has worked...or it did until I started to get headaches. Well, I have also been reading books and thinking of possible blog post ideas and stuff.

  I have been loving tea. I normally drink maybe like a cup or two in a day but now I've just gone mad with all the tea drinking. I like to add some honey to my black tea but I also enjoy an unsweeted green tea. I'm also drinking a lot of water and juice. Just trying to stay really hydrated.

  When being ill, one of the best ways of feeling better is to take a nice warm shower. I also like to take good care of my skin so I'll be in the shower for ages and then after the shower I start to really pamper myself. Moisturizing is a key because my skin is really dry whenever I get a cold. My routine is pretty much the same as my normal shower - and after-shower-routine but I take more time to do it really carefully. The only difference is that I can't use my acne cream all around my face. Reason to that is to simple: the area around my nose is broken (can you say that your skin is broken? well you know what I mean. I hope) and it's really sensitive. Normally I get a few pimples there too but I can't really treat them :(

  After that pampering shower and careful moisturizing I like to put on some really comfortable clothes. At the moment I'm wearing my pj's just because I'm on my bed. And I also take naps and I don't need to go anywhere so why not. I love my pyjamas. No worries, after I get all better I'm going to change my beddings and throw my pj's to wash. I'm not that weird.

   Even tho I'm not a fan of medicine, I do take some. At least when I start to feel extremely poorly or I have a high fever. If I do take some it's usually something that lowers my fever, nasal spray and cough medicine that tasted like really bad salty liguorice and medicine compined. I also take C vitamin which isn't medicine but I feel it really does help. I also usually take C vitamin during the winter times and whenever I start to feel a cold coming up.

  That's pretty much it. I'll just have to wait this illness out as all the other ones too. Eventually I'll get all better again.

Until next time! Take care (and stay healthy)!
-Silvia

No comments:

Post a Comment