Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies

Hi there!

  I finally have an inspiration to write and this time I'll be sharing with you a recipe that I tried out yesterday. It's originally from www.recipegirl.com (link will lead you straight to the brownie recipe). I've only made brownies a few times before. This time, however, I wanted to make brownies with a twist and I really liked this idea of chocolate chip cookie dough brownies. They turned out to be really nice and sweet, a perfect treat. I don't want to take any credit of these brownies, it is not my recipe!

  Before I get to the recipe I just quickly wanted to point out that I had to convert the amounts to something I can use. That's why the amounts seem to be a bit weird.




Ingredients:

Brownie:
1,2 dl unsweetened chocolate, chopped
237 g salted butter, melted
4,7 dl light brown sugar
4 large eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2,4 dl all-purpose flour
1,2 dl mini-chocolate chips

Cookie dough:

237 g salted butter, at room temperature
2,4 dl light brown sugar
2.4 dl granulated white sugar
0,6 dl milk
1 ½ teaspoons vanilla extract
4,1 dl all-purpose flour
4,7 dl mini-chocolate chips

1. Make the brownies first. Preheat oven to 165 degrees celsius. Spray a medium sized pan with nonstick spray (I just took a pan that seems to fit the purpose). Melt the chopped chocolate until it's melted and smooth, set aside to cool. In a large mixing bowl , whisk butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and keep whisking. Mix in the slightly cooled melted chocolate. Add the flour and mix slightly until everything is combined. Stir in the chocolate chips. Spread batter in the pan. Bake in the oven for 25 to 35 minutes. Test the brownie by a toothpick inserted in the centre of the brownies. If it comes out clean, the brownies are done. Let it cool completely.

2. Do the cookie dough. You will need a bowl and an electric whisk. Combine butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Add in milk and vanilla extract. Add the flour and combine. Stir in the chocolate chips.

3. Spread the cookie dough over the brownies. Refrigerate the brownies until the cookie dough is firm. It can be also put in the freezer (I put it outside in the cold for a while). Cut the brownies with a sharp knife.

4. Optional. If you wish to decorate the brownies, melt the leftover chocolate (in the original recipe it was said ½ cup of chocolate but I just used the leftovers xD). Drizzle the melted chocolate over the brownies. Finish decorating by sprinkling over some mini-chocolate chips.




  This recipe is time-consuming due to the waiting that everything is cooled down. I didn't pay attention to how long it took me to do these but I don't really care. They were good in the end so that's all that matters.

  Until next time! Take care!
-Silvia

No comments:

Post a Comment