Monday, 23 November 2015

Life's Too Short

Hello!

  I had a major realisation the other day that life is so very short! I don't know where it came from. I was just sat in my room looking outside the window and it hit me like a ton of bricks. There are many things in life that take time to achieve but there are millions of things, big and small, we could do in a matter of seconds but those things are the ones we don't do. For example, when was the last time you told your parents you love them?

  About three weeks ago I drew a timeline of my own life. I wrote down the things I had achieved in my almost 19 years of living on this planet and the things I still wanted to achieve. It really got me thinking. We very often just think about those things that are yet to come and don't stop to look back on the things that are completed. It's good to keep looking forward and get excited about the things that are coming but we shouldn't forget what we've learned and achieved in the past. I really do recommend drawing your own timeline, it's very therapeutic and sets your perspective of yourself in a different order.

  One of the things that is massive to me right now is studying. I've had the whole range of emotions about this: I've been dead-set about it, I've been unsure, I've cried and laughed about it, I've been desperate, you name it. During this realisation of life's shortness, I've come to the conclusion that I don't have to have it figured out right now. I'm 18 and I don't have to know what I want to do in 20 years of time. Right now I have an idea of what I want to study and I'm going to go with the flow. If it turns out that the subject I chose when I was 19-years-old, freshly graduated from Upper Secondary School, isn't the thing I want in the end, so what? That's part of the life's brilliance, you have the opportunity to choose and re-choose if necessary.

  Honestly right now, my biggest worries is what I should get my mum for Christmas and needing to study for a few last exams I have. Instead of being in the far future, I need to live my life for what it is now. I'm never going to be this age again, I'm never going to have this day again and life is short. The future will come eventually and for now, it's enough to just have a hunch and dreams.

  So yeah, life's too short. It's too short for dwelling in the past and regretting every mistake you've ever done. You don't know what will be your last day. Life's too short to not do the things you want: go tell your parents you love them, tell your crush you like them, go travel around world. Do the things that you want because life is too shot to not do that.

  Live in this moment and dream big!
Until next time! Take care!
-Silvia


No comments:

Post a Comment