Wednesday, 18 November 2015

Running Blog | Oh no...

Hello!




  I messed up. Big time. In August I was so excited to write about my first long-time goal I achieved but I got so busy with school I hardly had time to do anything else. Including running. I don't even remember the last time I had an actual jog outside.

  I didn't mean to stop running. I found that running was a great way to relieve stress and anxiety but for whatever reason I stopped doing it. I have no excuses. However, this is not the end of the world for me. Sometimes you mess up but getting up and starting over is what counts. So what I have decided is to just start again, even if I have to go back to the beginning. I'll hopefully do better this time.

  I did say that I have no excuses for not running for so long. However, this whole thing started because I got ill. First it was soon after my 5 km run which I was so proud of. I had fever for one day and a terrible headache but it went away. Being as weird as I am I figured it was nothing and went for a run a few days after my fever. Unfortunately I got very badly ill the next week. I think I went back running too soon after that one feverish day. I was about a week ill and after that I had already lost my perfectly working running routine. Oh no...

  I have decided to make a few new changes in my life and running was now one of them. I know it's going great things not only to my physic but also my mental health. I always feel good after a run - not straight away but at least after my shower. Running, as I said before, relives stress and anxiety, helps me to think and I can clear my head of all these thoughts I have had throughout the day. It's great! Never thought I'd say that about long-distance running! 

  I guess the point of this blog post is that it's okay to mess up. I know life can get busy and for someone who hasn't really got a workout routine, or even for someone who does, it's not always easy to stay on track. I have also found out that for me personally running is very challenging and I'm not always in the mood to tackle a challenge so I decide not to. After a few hard days I have then already lost my motivation to actually go and it becomes even harder to go for a run. It'd be so nice to just stay inside and watch netflix all day.

  To anyone who is going (or has gone) through similar situations , don't worry! Just stay positive about it and start slowly again and you'll be up and running (or doing any other type of exercise) in no time! Good luck!



  Until nex time! Take care!
-Silvia







No comments:

Post a Comment